Re: bugs.debian.org refusing mail?

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 10:52:16AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a strange response when I sent a mail to two addresses on b.d.o:
>
> The original message was received at Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:44:44 +0100
> from [130.60.169.219]

> <control@bugs.debian.org>
>     (reason: 550 Administrative prohibition)
> <341827@bugs.debian.org>
>     (reason: 550 Administrative prohibition)

> ... while talking to bugs.debian.org.:
> <<< 550 Administrative prohibition
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Weird, but why don't you ask the people who are dealing with debian.org
mail? Their address in debian-admin@lists.d.o. They have access
to things like logs and such, the only thing other people can do is make
(educated or not) guesses.

Anyway, the complete text of your mail seems irrelevant as the bounce
seems to imply you get a 550 directly after DATA, before you sent the
actual message, right? So you can debug a bit yourself too with telnet
easily, to see what part caused this error (the MAIL FROM:, RCPT TO:,
the HELO, simply what IP you're sending from, or whether it's maybe
transitional...).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar