Re: dh_installtexfonts and dvips -P config.foo

> >> Can you try out the attached dh_installtexfonts if it is what you think
> >> is useful?
> >
> > It works when updmap-sys has also registered the mapfile.  "dvips -P
> > bar" doesn't work anymore when it's commented in updmap.d/bar.cfg
> > after the installation.
>
> That's strange - dvips knows nothing about the files in updmap.d, only
> about the generated updmap.cfg.  And didn't you say that the -P foo
> mechanism was intended specifically to use fonts that are disabled in
> updmap.cfg?

Exactly.  Perhaps it works only in TeXlive?
I read about this possibility in the CJK LaTeX package:
http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/languages/japanese/CJK/4_6.0/contrib/wadalab/DNP.txt
http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/languages/japanese/CJK/4_6.0/doc/thaifont.txt

> > I would like to modify the manpage a bit.
>
> It sounds better, but I have further suggestions:
>
> >         --flavor=flavor_of_the_day
> >             This option will be used to switch additional options on. At the
> >             moment you can use either `withconfig´ or `withallconfig´.
> >             `withconfig´ will create a config.bar file for each
> >             activated (id est uncommented) map in foo.map when
>
> ... for each activated (i.e. uncommented) map file named "bar.map" in
> package.cfg or package.map (for methods 1 and 3, respectively or for
> each commandline map file) when ...

OK (´olla kala ;).

> (if bar is used once, it should be used at the other place, too.  And
> foo.map should only be used if it is also consistently used in the other

You are absolutely right.  My mistake.

> >             dh_installtexfonts is called in either of the three ways
> >             as described ut supra.  These config.bar files will
>
> s/ut supra/above/.  I don't know whether "ut supra" is common in current
> english, but for non-native speakers it is uncommon and probably hard to
> understand (except if they know latin).

Heheheh, I was just kidding.  Call it a professional malformation.  <__<;;

Kind regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--