Re: Subscribing to bugs does not work

Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 06:32:18PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
>> Cord Beermann <cord@debian.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > we don't allow mailinglists sending to mailinglists.
>>
>> So the bugs are treated as mailinglists?  It would be really nice if
>> lists on lists.debian.org, as well as on alioth, could subscribe to
>> bugs.  After all, being the maintainer of a related package is one of
>> the main reasons why a DD would want to subscribe to a bug, and for the
>> tetex packages, the maintainer is
>>
>> $ apt-cache show tetex-bin | grep ^Maintainer
>> Maintainer: teTeX maintainers <debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org>
>
> Alternatively, set up the file .forward-tetex-bugs in your home
> directory on master.d.o containing the line:
>
> debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org
>
> and then subscribe frank-tetex-bugs@debian.org to the bug.

First of all, this just circumvents the ban of subscribing lists to bugs
- so either there is no real reason for not allowing it, then it should
be allowed, or there is one, then it's questionable to circumvent it.

Second, how is mail to frank-tetex-bugs@debian.org delivered to me?   Is
the hyphen a forbidden char in Debian account names, so that some magic
can relay <login>-*@d.o to <login>@d.o?

TIA, Frank