Re: Coordinating upload of teTeX-3.0 to unstable

* Frank Küster [Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:39:04 +0200]:

> You can stop all build-depending on debiandoc-sgml: It has the classical
> bug that produces PDF output with teTeX-3.0 even when dvi is desired,
> causing almost everything to FTBFS.  I've not yet submitted a bug,
> because I'm still testing the patch.

> Should I file it as important and bump the severity to grave only when
> teTeX-3.0 is unstable?  Or should I file as grave at once?

  Is the patch backwards compatible? (i.e., when used with teTeX-2.0,
  will be the output correct?) If so, I would file at important and
  ask for the patch to be applied ASAP; and NMU prior to uploading
  teTeX-3.0 if it has not been fixed by then.

  My opinion, anyway.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

If you want the holes in your knowledge showing up try teaching someone.
                -- Alan Cox