Re: Warning while upgrading tetex-extra 3.0-3 to 3.0-5

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> The complete directory is an error, it should never have been there.  It
> is okay to delete it and its contents (but _not_
> /etc/texmf/lambda/language.dat).
>
> Since it occurs only upon an upgrade between experimental versions, I
> didn't care much.

OK, thanks.

> By the way, I didn't upload 3.0-6 to people.debian.org/~frank/teTeX-3.0
> experimental (only to sarge) because I expected that to be only an
> intermediate repository why ftp-master was down.  If you prefer to use
> that one instead of Debian's experimental, I can upload -6.

Well, I don't care much. experimental proper is faster because the
debian mirrors I use have more bandwidth than people.debian.org.
However, until I have sorted out why I get:

  Ign http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/main Packages
  Ign http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/contrib Packages
  Ign http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/non-free Packages
  Ign http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/main Sources
  Ign http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/contrib Sources
  Ign http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/non-free Sources
  Hit http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/main Packages
  Hit http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/contrib Packages
  Hit http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/non-free Packages
  Hit http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/main Sources
  Hit http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/contrib Sources
  Hit http://ftp.fr.debian.org experimental/non-free Sources

during dselect update (this is news to me, maybe something to do with
signatures since my personal repositories also exhibit the Ign whereas
they didn't previously) and why (maybe related) I cannot update the
packages from there:

  # apt-get install tetex-{base,bin,extra,doc}
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree... Done
  tetex-base is already the newest version.
  tetex-bin is already the newest version.
  tetex-extra is already the newest version.
  tetex-doc is already the newest version.

your repo on people.debian.org is preferred, 'cause I have no problem
using it. :)

--
Florent