Re: The algorithms package

On Mar 30 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> > Well, I have already uploaded to CTAN a new version of the package with
> > some (small) modifications
>
> That is good news, thank you for your efforts.

You're welcome.

> > So, I would sincerely love if you could include the package in your
> > releases, if possible.
>
> I am going to add it to our 2.0.2 packages.

Thanks. I think that this will be a good addition to sarge's release,
IMVHO.

> Just one thing: You ship a copy of the GLPL with the package, but
> actually never say that you intend this to be the license for the
> package.  You should follow the instructions "How to Apply These Terms to
> Your New Programs" in the text of the GPL - it is missing in the GLPL.

That was a product of pure ignorance of mine. I will probably change the
license, anyway (see below).

> By the way, just out of curiosity, why did you chose that license, not
> the LPPL?

Yes, I know that this is strange, but LGPL was already used as the license
when I got the package from Peter Williams.

I was already considering changing the licence to LPPL or whatever is best
to be distributed with other TeX packages, but I was struggling with
sourceforge's registration system until I got fed up and decided to
register the project with BerliOS.

Besides being faster/less bureaucratic, BerliOS also provides a SVN
repository, which will be a welcome addition, since I intend to change the
structure of the package (I will try to use the usual .ins and .dtx style
of distribution and to put some extra features in the package).

Those changes would be a pain with plain CVS.

> > P.S.: I am willing to play the role of a guinea-pig and to test teTeX
> > 3.x on my sarge systems.
>
> It is already in experimental.

Oh, thanks. I didn't know that you had already prepared a package. I will
grab what you have in <p.d.o/~frank/teTeX-3.0/dists/experimental/>. Is that
the best version for me to try?

Thanks for considering including algorithms in teTeX.

Thank you, Rogério.

  Rogério Brito - rbrito@ime.usp.br - http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito