Re: Is there a chance for teTeX-3.0 in sarge?

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> schrieb:
>
>> Here's my immediate idea about a robust test procedure:
>>
>> a) Build the package in a chroot with 2.0.2 installed. Save the .debs.
>>
>> b) Upgrade the chroot to 3.0. Build the package again in the same
>>    directory. Save the .debs. again.
>>
>> c) Let time pass for a few minutes, and build the package _again_ in
>>    exactly the same environment as (b).
>>
>> Unpack the data.tar.gz component of all .debs in temporary directories
>> and compare their contents. If there are byte differences between (a)
>> and (b) that are not close to byte differences between (b) and (c),
>> then flag the package for manual attention.
>
> That sounds reasonable.

I've just started building with 2.0.2, with the small number of packages
build-depending on tetex-base.  I'll follow up with steps b) and c)
afterwards, and do the first checks manually to see how it works.
There's a script that creates REDO files from the "build-dep..._oneline"
files in tetex-common.