Re: Adding packages to Tetex

Thomas Netter <tnetter@ini.unizh.ch> schrieb:

> Thomas and Frank, many thanks for your replies.
> Frank points to the right info although it is well hidden!
>
> What is important is that when I Google "add package tetex" or "add
> package debian tetex" I get to the right information.  This is not the
> case today.

Unfortunately, we cannot influence google. What we could try to do is
provide some documentation in /usr/share/texmf/doc/tetex; I don't know
the state of this in current teTeX-3.0, maybe it's already documented
there.

> Furthermore, I had read both
> /usr/share/doc/tetex-base/README.Debian.gz and
> /usr/share/doc/tetex-extra/README.Debian.gz  (same file)
> but it turns out the information I need is only contained in
> /usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/README.Debian.gz ... :-)

It seems you didn't read tetex-base/README.Debian.gz thoroughly. It
starts with a title and a table of contents (with only 3 entries), and
then, between table of contents and the first section heading, comes the
text:

,----
| Most of the topics relevant for users and developers, like how to
| install and register additional (La)TeX packages, fonts etc., are
| covered in the README files of the sister package, tetex-bin, in
| /usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/.
`----

Can you advice us of a more prominent place to put this information? Or
a reformulation, so that you would have found what you wanted?