Re: Adding packages to Tetex

Gruezi,

Thomas Esser <te@dbs.uni-hannover.de> schrieb:

>> It would e helpful if you could add to the Tetex FAQ and to the
>> documentation an explanation to add new packages, e.g. the harvard
>> bibliographic style, to the Tetex tree or in some place where it
>> doesn't get crushed when I update my Debian distribution.
>
> The TeX FAQ covers this topic:
>   http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=instpackages
>
> Maybe, this answer has to be extended for the special situation where
> parts of the system are under some under package control system.

Hm, no. If you really install a file locally (i.e., do not create your
own local Debian package) the advice in that link (or actually in
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=wherefiles) still
holds. It's the "or" part, though:

/usr/local/share/texmf/

Additionally, the same information (including a hint for HOMETEXMF) is
in /usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/README.Debian.gz