Re: New lmodern package for teTeX 3

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> schrieb:

> On 08.02.05 Florent Rougon (f.rougon@free.fr) wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Perhaps you noticed that recent teTeX 2.99 packages in experimental
>> had a file conflict with the first lmodern package for teTeX 2.99
>> that I uploaded on a repository on people.via.ecp.fr.
>>
> Maybe I'm dumb. IIRC Thomas has included lmodern into teTeX 3.0. So I
> have no clue, what your packages gives me, which is not provided by
> teTeX 3.0.
> Please enlighten me.

We've discussed this a view weeks ago. IIRC, the main point is that the
lmodern fonts are probably going to be released much more frequently
than teTeX, and therefore it makes sense to have them in a separate
package. And we don't need to care about bug reports about them ;-).

Furthermore, if #273207 is ever going to be fixed, I doubt it will be
within teTeX.