Re: teTeX 2.99 packages

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Uups, it seems I noticed this after the upload. It's already fixed
> here. This should be just $TEXMFMAIN, but some sed magic interferes
> here.

Okay.

> I intended to drop the patch once sarge is released and tetex-3.0 gets
> into unstable, and use it only for backports to sarge. But you're right,
> I was only thinking of Debian packages (which would switch faster if
> they get bug reports), not about local trees.

It is still possible to restore the strict behavior when tetex 3 enters
unstable so that packages get the bug reports and be quickly updated,
and restore your patch before etch is released to ease the transition
for local texmf trees during the sarge do etch upgrade, if you are
confident it doesn't break anything. Of course, it should not suppress
the warnings (I didn't check), otherwise people will never transition
their trees to the new scheme...

--
Florent