Re: latex-cjk, texlive, and TeX Policy

Hello Frank!

> >  * c90enc, garuda and norasi are provided in latex-cjk-thai.
>
> Does that mean that you will replace the thailatex package, which
> provides tfm, afm and pfb files for garuda and norasi?

latex-cjk-thai depends on thailatex because of the .pfb Type1 and
Adobe Font Metrics, but it provides its own TFM files, because the
ligatures that CJK uses are incompatible with those of thailatex.
They are named differently (in CJK: fgdb8z, ftnb8z, etc., according to
Karl Berry's `fontname' scheme).

thailatex and CJK can coexist, because the Babel name of thailatex is
"thai", while that of CJK is "thaicjk".

> thailatex seems
> to be basically unmaintained, and I have not yet provided a complete
> patch for all issues it has because there are a couple of things in it
> that worry me.

Chanop was in the middle of writing a thesis a few months ago and was
very busy.  I don't know about now though.  I too am a bit concerned
about the piling up of bugs in fontforge and thailatex.

Kind regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--