Re: dh_installtexfonts and dvips -P config.foo

> On Son, 18 Dez 2005, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
>> You can find the packages here:
>>   deb http://chinese.alioth.debian.org latex-cjk/
>>   deb-src http://chinese.alioth.debian.org latex-cjk/
>>
>> More precisely, install the latex-cjk-thai (and latex-cjk) package.
>> You will find /usr/share/doc/latex-cjk/examples/thai.tex, which needs
>> to be compiled with an Emacs Lisp script.

BTW, this script seems to be missing from the packages on alioth

>> You will find the result
>> attached as "thai.cjk".  Run "latex thai.cjk" and a DVI file will be
>> construed.  "dvips -Pnorasi -Pgaruda thai.dvi" will work without
>> problems.

Only after installing thailatex for the actual type1 font files -
probably latex-cjk-thai should depend on it?

>> In effect, dvips tries to search for "ftnr8z" (e.a.), while I have
>
> This is strange, the texlive map files also state norasi.pfb
>
>>   ftnr8z Norasi " C90Encoding ReEncodeFont " <c90.enc <norasi.pfb
>
> $ head /usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/map/dvips/norasi/norasi.map
> ftnr8z Norasi " C90Encoding ReEncodeFont " <c90.enc <norasin.pfb

Yes, it's the same with teTeX.

Danai, as to your other question:  Only teTeX should install files into
/usr/share/texmf-tetex, and only texlive into /usr/share/texmf-texlive.
All others should install into /usr/share/texmf.  This is explained in
the TeX Policy draft in /usr/share/doc/tex-common, section "3.2
directory trees".  If it's not explained in an understandable way,
please tell us so that we can rephrase it.