Re: dh_installtexfonts and dvips -P config.foo

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

> I have tried again, now with tex-common (=0.13).
> When I install the package with dh_installtexfonts, the *.map and
> config.* files are created and it works.
>
> But after I comment a few mapnames in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/*.cfg and
> run update-updmap and updmap-sys, dvips can't find the fonts anymore,
> even after I run "latex" again on the .tex file.

Can you point me to some concrete examples?  I'd like to play around and
maybe find out.  I just tried this, and it worked:

- comment "Map lm.map" in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/10lmodern.cfg
- run update-updmap and updmap-sys
- try to run "dvips lmodern-test.dvi" (which failed as expected)
- create a file config.lm in $TEXMFCONFIG/dvips/ with the content

p +lm.map

- run "dvips -Plm lmodern-test.dvi" and this works.

So it would be good to see exactly what you were doing and which error
messages are given.

> Is there a different implementation between teTeX and TeXlive

I don't think so.

> , or have
> I misunderstood the use of the config.* files?

I don't know - I'm not sure whether I got it right, too.