Re: Inclusion of SFD files

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

>   Given the fact that TDS 1.1 has a dedicated sfd/ subdirectory,
> wouldn't it make more sense to provide the .sfd files in the main
> teTeX package, rather than in freetype1-tools?

No, I don't think so.  teTeX is a collection that is put together by
Thomas Esser (hence the "te" in the name), not by the Debian
maintainers, and we really can't do the work of including all the stuff
that might be useful.  Or look at it from the point of view of source
packages:  Why delete them in freetype1's diff.gz and add them in ours,
instead of simply taking them from the tarball where they are shipped?

>  Or to have at least
> an empty /usr/share/texmf/fonts/sfd/ created by teTeX?

Well, we can of course create it, but what would it help?  Why doesn't
freetype1-tools install its files into this directory?  AFAIS it would
just require to move the files from /usr/share/texmf/{ttf2tfm,ttf2pk} to
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/sfd, right?