Re: updmap vs updmap-sys

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 20:05 +0200, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> One could, of course, simply ignore
> this, but I think this complicates the patches quite a bit. And diffs
> from these quilt patch files are already quite complicated.

Looking at, eg,
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-tetex/tetex-bin/trunk/debian/patches/patch-deb?op=diff&rev=0&sc=0
I am beginning to understand that these complicated diffs are probably
unavoidable with quilt. Oh well ... Meanwhile I ahve a patch ready that
not only corrects fmtuitl -> updmap but also adds a uid warning at the
end of both updmap ad fmtutil (wasn't so difficult after all). The
patched versions work for me. Should I commit this patch? Or could this
cause problems with the upload to unstable? I don't think that change
would require a changelog entry.

cheerio
ralf