Re: SVN tetex commit: r214 - tetex-base/trunk/debian

Frank Küster <frank@costa.debian.org> wrote:

> Log:
>   * The transition code for changing symlinks to directories and vice
>     versa is now in tetex-extra, too, at least for preinst and postrm.
>     The postinst stuff can be in tetex-base only. [frank]

The fact that this code was only in tetex-base was the reason why some
files were not cleanly purged from /etc/texmf sometimes,
e.g. /etc/texmf/latex/lambda.ini.  If tetex-extra is installed and you
upgrade to experimental, it is unpacked (at least sometimes) before
tetex-base.  Therefore /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/config/ is still a
symlink to /etc/texmf/latex when
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/config/lambda.ini is created upon unpacking
of tetex-extra, and it is written into /etc/.

I doubt, however, that this has anything to do with Florent's report.