Re: package testing procedures (was: Take over of texinfo/info packages)

Hallo Frank!

On Mon, 03 Okt 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> So this time it turned out that texinfo's postinst script does not check
> whether it is called with "remove" or with "purge", and tries to execute
> update-fmtutil all the time - failing when all packages are purged
> together.

Bummer. It shouldn't call update-fmtutil at all. There are no format
specifications in texinfo.

A new package 4.8-1 is on the tug server, fixing also all the ChangeLog
entries. But, see below ...

> Please correct that, and run these tests for texinfo and similarly for
> info.

Running several of the test I found a problem, which ATM I have no idea
how to cope with:

When I apt-get install texinfo tetex-base tetex-bin on a fresh system
(no upgrade) I get ...

with texinfo_4.7-2.2:
---------------------
unpack texinfo
unpack tetex-base
unpack tetex-bin
setup texinfo
setup tetex-base
	-> create /etc/texmf/updmap.d/00updmap.cfg
setup tetex-bin

everything alright.

dependencies:
	texinfo -> nothing (only libc)
	tetex-base -> texinfo, ...
	tetex-bin -> tetex-base

with texinfo_4.8-1:
-------------------
unpack tetex-bin
unpack texinfo
unpack tetex-base
setup tetex-bin
	-> breaks since /etc/texmf/updmap.d/00updmap.cfg is not
	   existent since tetex-base is not configured

Here we have
	tetex-bin -> tetex-base -> texinfo -> tetex-bin (circle)

So dpkg tries to first configure tetex-bin, which breaks.

Upgrading works, but fresh install does not.

Otherwise the packages on the tug server passed several
install/remove/install/purge cycles with and without tetex-packages.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
The Web site you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.