Re: RFC: cm-super fonts for X11

> Hi all!
>
> I wanted to hear your opinion on makeing the cm-super fonts available
> for X11/fontconfig. Up to now the fonts are only available for TeX
> systems.

I'm kind of ignorant and only know of rumors: What exactly do the
cm-super fonts bring us that lmodern does not provide?  I assume for the
purpose discussed we can mainly neglect small design differences; it's
more about:  Are their additional languages supported, additional
"Schriftschnitte" (no time to look that up, like small caps, slanted
small caps and what strange things more one can design)?