Re: Registering files at installtion time

> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > cm-super (now again distributed half sized)
>> > 	NEWS: the font files are again under dpkg control, *and* the
>> > 	md5sums are correct, *and* the distributed .deb is still only
>> > 	half the size. I hacked around the md5sum stuff.
>> >          deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ cm-super/
>> >          deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ cm-super/
>>
>> Did you get any feedback on this from the dpkg people?
>
> It was Ralf who asked on the dpkg mailing list. Yesterday I took a look
> into the dpkg list archives and didn't see any replies. Maybe Ralf got
> private ones.

I have kind of a bad feeling with this.  At least it depends on how dpkg
treats the md5sums files (or, I guess, currently does not treat them?),
in other words on internals that might change.  Maybe follow up on the
dpkg list with a detailed description on what you are doing.