Re: Changes to tetex-bin

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> On 26.08.05 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On the other hand, the main motivation for writing this was that
>> all other patch systems I knew of (dpatch and one other I gladly
>> forgot about) need to copy (and diff over) complete source trees.
>> Meanwhile I learned about quilt which takes only copies of the
>> files affected, as dsf-patch did.  Not only did it work, in
>> contrast to dsf-patch, it also has documentation which dsf-patch
>> lacks.
>>
> I was wondering the whole time, why you wrote just another patch
> engine instead of using one of the existing. Thank god, we now have a
> real one. ;-)

Maybe we should start a "Approaches to patching Debian packages" HOWTO,
or Wiki page, or whatever, so that others can learn about alternatives
before implementing their own stuff.  What ist the[tm] Wiki for Debian
packaging?  Is it wiki.debian.net, or is there something more
packaging-related?

BTW I learned a lot about make, so it didn't do any harm.