Re: Funny extra .need_me files in tetex-base

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 06:03:59PM +0200, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> wrote:
>
> > Files in second set of .debs but not in first
> > /usr/share/doc/texmf/fonts/gothic/suet.pdf.gz
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/afm/hoekwater/context/.need_me
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/monotype/helvetic/.need_me
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/monotype/symbol/.need_me
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/monotype/timesnew/.need_me
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/adobe/utopia/.need_me
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/monotype/helvetic/.need_me
> > /usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/monotype/timesnew/.need_me
>
> I don't know why they appeared in your -8 and weren't in -7, but I can
> point you to this link:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-tetex-maint/2004/06/msg00054.html
>
> where Atsuhito explaines why these files were used. From the replies to
> this post, it seems to me they were subject to be dropped, but since you
> encountered them today, maybe this has not happened...

Thanks.  I think we'll leave this as is in sarge and rethink for etch.

I actually think it may be worth switching over to subversion because
of all of the directory issues.  Another email about that at another
point, I think.

> And what about /usr/share/doc/texmf/fonts/gothic/suet.pdf.gz? Is it
> normal for it to appear here?

It's a newly introduced piece of documentation.

>   And... have the problems with the CVS
> repositories been really fixed eventually?

I doubt it :/

   Julian