Re: bibtex and buggy wrapping of long lines

frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster) writes:

> I am sure I have seen this problem, but couldn't find the bug
> number. Does anybody remember?

> But in the bbl-file we get
>
>   \url{http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/07/01/july_2004_web_server_surve%
> y.html}, accessed November~23, 2004.
>
> And of course in \url the % is typeset verbatim...

I don't know about a Debian bug number, but the problem is due to an
internal limit on the line lengths in bibtex.  Apparently newer
versions of hyperref include a \url command that corrects this problem
automatically (so maybe this is fixed-in-experimental?)

If not, the fix is to insert spaces in the argument to \url (url
ignores spaces by default, if there was an actual space in the URL
you;d encode it as `+'), for example

\url{http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/07/01/ july_2004_web_server_survey.html}