Re: tex parameter size stack exceeded, correct this?

On 02.06.04 Chris Frost (chris@frostnet.net) wrote:

Hi,

> Running debian woody, tetex 1.0.7+20011202-7.1, I seem to be exceeding
> the parameter stack's capacity when running pdflatex on a document of
> mine. (Fwiw, latex does run fine.) The actual error:
>
> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=6000].
> \@gobble #1->
>

> In an /etc/texmf/texmf.d/94foo file I have the line
> param_size = 20500
> and ran update-texmf. This does increase the parameter stack size, but
> it appears to be limited to a ceiling of 6000, which is where my tex
> knowledges currently ends.
> Searching for similar problems, I came upon a few emails Atsuhito
> Kohda had sent regarding tex capacities and so contacted him; his
> suggestion of running "fmtutil --all" did not change the result of
> running pdflatex.

IIRC fmtutil --all does not help in this case. I guess, you had a
look at #202975?

> He did, however, suggest possibly emailing
> debian-tetex-maint, or that tetex-bin might need to be recompiled
> (when grepping he noticed the line:
> "texk/web2c/tex.ch:@!sup_param_size = 6000;").

About the same size in 2.0.2. Did you try 2.0.2? Did you try calling
pdfelatex instead?

> Would anyone happen to have any suggestions? Does recompiling
> tetex-bin seem like the course I should try?

Just a few ideas.

H.
--
QOTD:
	"Lack of planning on your part doesn't consitute an emergency