Re: Packaged PPower4

From: Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>
Subject: Packaged PPower4
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:01:03 -0300

> The only program that uses Java that I use regularly is PPower4, a
> post-processor for generating presentations with (La)TeX.

Great!

> Since PPower4 has both parts in Java and parts in LaTeX, I'm not exactly
> confident that the package that I is right (although it seems to work for
> me with sablevm installed)
>
> I would, therefore, appreciate if other people could look to see if I did
> everything correctly and what are the points that I could improve on the
> packaging.

Only from a quick look, why orig.tar.gz contains only
pp2p.jar?  I suspect style files (and documentation or
samples ?) could be also included.

I think it will make the package much useful if you
included documentation and samples.

You should call texhash in postrm too, I guess.
(Uh, perhaps mktexlsr might be better than texhash,
the latter is now only a symlink of the former.)

# I don't know Java, sorry.

Regards,			2004-10-29(Fri)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima