Re: Bug or configuration error?

On 07.10.04 Lorraine Dully (ldully@ireland.com) wrote:

Hey all,

> using pdflatex directly I seem to get a normal session.  Below is the
> output of the end of the pass regarding fonts.  Unfortunately the
> resulting fonts "don't look right (tm)" and "ff" or "fi" ligatures are
> replaced with a square box.
> 	A screenshot of this is available at

I'll have a look at that, but it doesn't seem to be a normal session
to me, as pdftex includes the AMS fonts as bitmapped Type3 instead of
using the delivered Type1 fonts.

>  </var/cache/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm/cmbx12.600pk>

For any reason, your map files are broken. What does the command
updmap tell you? Where is located e.g. pdftex.map?

H.
--
A witty saying proves nothing, but saying something pointless gets
people's attention.