[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#204953: tetex-bin: Same Problem (maybe)

Hash: SHA1

On October 12, 2004 07:25, you wrote:
> On 08.10.04 Tyson Whitehead (twhitehe@uwo.ca) wrote:
> > I can't quite read the original bug report, but I may have
> > experienced the same problem.
> I disagree.

That's what I've been told.  All I could read from the bug report on my 
machine was the title (which sounded like the same problem).  The body was 
littered with control characters that obscured the text in it when I tried 
viewing it on my box.

> > Generating /var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf ... done
> > Regenerating /var/lib/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg ... done
> > /kpsewhich: No such file or directory
> So, why should kpsewhich sit directly below / ?

I've got no idea what went wrong with kpsewhich.  That's just what it said 
everytime '/usr/bin/kpsewhich' was invoked with some options (as is done in 
the tetex-base.postinst package).

I finally (after a couple of hours of reading bug reports and reinstalling the 
various tetex packages) reinstalled the libkpathsea3 package and everything 
is fine now.  I can't even reproduce the problem.

I posted the message because I figured maybe the original poster needed to 
reinstall his libkpathsea3 package as well.  The title sounded like he was 
having the same problems (and the other messages sounded like others couldn't 
duplicate the problem).

My system is (now) fine.

Thanks!  -T

- -- 
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,
 Graduate Student- Applied Mathematics      University of Western Ontario,
 GnuPG Key ID# 0x8A2AB5D8                   London, Ontario, Canada
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)


Reply to: