Re: [tetex-3.0] beta for tetex-3.0, release plan for Debian packages?

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> schrieb:

> From: Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
> Subject: Re: [tetex-3.0] beta for tetex-3.0, release plan for Debian packages?
> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:21:39 +0100
>
>> The orig.tar.gz's I use in my diff gz have been generated in the
>> following way:
>>
>> - tetex-base: Unpack tetex-texmf-beta-... into
>>   tetex-base-2.95.0.20040208/, repack into orig.tar.gz
>>
>> - tetex-bin: unpack tar.gz, rename directory, pack again.
>
> You might know this but please note that to do cvs-upgrade
> you or we should remove symlimks and CVS directories if any

Uh, yes, I forgot this. Of course I removed symlinks and updated the
restore-symlinks script accordingly.

> (I remembered there was CVS directories in upstream source
> tree in 2.0 or its beta version) and handle appropriately
> empty directories if any.

I also removed them.

> In case tetex-base you or we should remove bad-license-files
> also.  And we should check they are really bad-licensed even
> now.

I haven't done any deleting from orig.tar.gz yet, exactly because I
didn't have time to check whether this is still needed in all cases. But
in some cases I found out that it's no longer needed, and I changed the
remove-bad-license-files script accordingly.

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie