Re: tetex-bin's postinst: Why the testing?

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> schrieb:

> From: Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
> Subject: tetex-bin's postinst: Why the testing?
> Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:24:02 +0100
>
>> Can anybody give a rationale for this test? Was there an else branch
>> long ago?
>
> As far as I remembered, there was no else branch.

But no good reason either, right?

> One more point I noticed recently when I wasinvestigating
> #236246, there was a code in postinst as follows (line #181);

[...]
> would be almost every time false and
>
>       mv -f /var/spool/texmf /var/cache/fonts
>
> wouldn't be executed.
>
> Am I wrong or there needs some fix?

I think your analysis is right. It seems it doesn't make sense to check
if /var/cache/fonts ist still nonexisting, because it will always be
there. So we can just remove the old directory - anyway it's just cached
data.

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie