Re: Bug in lmodern?

From: frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster)
Subject: Bug in lmodern?
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:55:15 +0200

> Unpacking replacement tetex-base ...
> dpkg: error processing tetex-base_2.0.2-4.2_all.deb (--install):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/share/texmf/doc', which is also in package lmodern
>  tetex-base_2.0.2-4.2_all.deb
>
> I have no idea how this could come, just wanted to inform you.

This is because /usr/share/texmf/doc is a symlink of
/usr/share/doc/texmf, that is

civic:~$ ls -ld /usr/share/texmf/doc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 2003-09-01 21:17 /usr/share/texmf/doc -> /usr/share/doc/texmf/

so you should not create a directory /usr/share/texmf/doc
nor put anything in /usr/share/texmf/doc
But create a directory /usr/share/doc/texmf and put it/them
in /usr/share/doc/texmf