Re: pdfcslatex: Fatal format file error; I'm stymied

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 03:05:59PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> From: Lubomir Host <8host@pauli.fmph.uniba.sk>
> Subject: Re: pdfcslatex: Fatal format file error; I'm stymied
> Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 06:28:48 +0100
>
> >     I have tried this, but this doesn't help. :-/ Therefore I try purge
> >     all "tetex-*" packages. I remove also ditextories /etc/texmf/,
> >     /usr/share/texmf and try install new tetex-bin. But installation
> >     failed. :-/
>
> Ah, you did too much, I guess.  Hmm, it might make the situation
> very complicated.
>
> Then please try;
>
> - purge (not remove) tetex-* again.
> - install tetex-base first then tetex-bin
> (if this failed because file /etc/texmf/* was not found,
> then please try to install tetex-bin with
> "dpkg -i --force-confmiss tetex-bin_2.0.2-1_i386.deb")
> - pdfcslatex wouldn't work by default so you should edit
> /etc/texmf/fmt.d/00tetex.cnf and run "update-fmtutil" and
> run "fmtutil --all" as I said in the former email.

    I have purged all tetex packages and all /*/texmf/* files. But
    installation still have some problems. I can't reproduce my steps.
    :-/ After some hacks installation was successfull. I remember, that
    there was problem also with permision of *.log and *.fmt files in
    /var/lib/texmf/web2c directory. root's umask is 077. Probably you
    can explicitly set permision for all files. This problem was fixed
    if root set umask to 022 and process first *.tex file -- TeX was
    initialized succesfully. I must run also "fmtutil --all" before.

    Thanks for help. Sorry for unclearly informations and my bad
    english. ;)

--
Lubomir Host 'rajo' <rajo AT platon.sk>
Platon software development group