Re: CVS jdg tetex-base: Add cweb example files lost in transition

From: teTeX CVS <jdg-tetex-cvs@debian.org>
Subject: CVS jdg tetex-base: Add cweb example files lost in transition
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:14:04 -0700

> CVSROOT:	/org/cvs.debian.org/cvs/tetex
> Module name:	tetex-base
> Changes by:	jdg	Wed Mar  5 09:14:04 MST 2003
>
> Modified files:
> 	debian         : changelog rules
> Added files:
> 	debian/cweb-examples: Makefile README extex.ch extex.w kspell.el
> 	                      oemacs.el oemacs.w treeprint.w wc-dos.ch
> 	                      wc.w wmer-os2.ch wmerg-pc.ch wmerge.w
> 	                      wordtest.w xlib_types.w xview_types.w

Relating to this addition of directory under debian/
I suspect that the following line in rules might be
unnecessary.

# Remove any CVS directories that may be present in the source tree.
	-rm -rf debian/$(package) `find debian/* -type d ! -name CVS ! -name patches `

If it really needs to remove CVS then it will be enough
(on the contrary)

	-rm -rf debian/$(package) `find debian/* -type d -name CVS `

I encountered the problem when I had created debian/patches
but found it had been removed after running "rules clean"
So I added "! -name patches" to the line.

Perhaps cweb-examples will be removed when one tries to build
the package.  (It's okay if we add "! -name cweb-examples")

I think it is reasonable to comment out the above line or
to modify it as
   -rm -rf debian/$(package) `find debian/* -type d -name CVS `

How do other members think?

Thanks,			    2003-3-6(Thu)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.