Xtem support???

Ladies and Gentlemen,
as a user of LaTeX for years I work work nearly daily with a free
tool called "Xtem" which is developed and distributed under the
GNU/GPL. This graphical tool for starting the preferred editor, a tex-
/LaTeX-/bibtex-run, makeindex, lacheck and lots of other tex-
related things is developed by Dr. Roland Weibezahn at University of
Bremen in Germany
(http://www.iwd.uni-bremen.de/xtem/xtem_texmenu_eng.html)
As Dr. Weibezahn assured via email to me, there is no linkage
against a commercial library!
As I remember, Xtem is for a long period a standard element under
SuSE-Linux but seems not supported by Debian Linux. I searched in
stable, unstable and testing, didn't find a piece.
As I would like to have a proper *.deb package to install, I find
compiling it myself less elegant.
Is there a chance to find interest in integrating Xtem into Debian??
 As I am not the direct developer, I am not sure what to do.Bruno
Hopp
Central Archive for Empirical Social Research
University of Cologne
Bachemer street 40
D - 50931 Cologne (GERMANY)
phone: +049-221-47694-0