Re: tetex-base: /usr/share/doc/texmf/mkhtml{,.nawk}

> There are two scripts in /usr/share/doc/texmf/ for rebuilding the
> teTeX documentation.  One is called mkhtml, the other mkhtml.nawk.
>
> They cause lintian errors (executable-in-usr-share-doc), which
> would be good to override.  (The scripts have always been there,
> but their permissions were changed by dh_fixperms.)
>
> I realize that moving the scripts elsewhere would be preferable,
> but doing so would require them to be rewritten, which isn't as
> high a priority as getting woody out the door.

lintian is not and should not be involved in deciding a package's worth in
woody.  Obviously lintian clean packages should be a goal, but its heuristics
are still not trustworthy despite my best efforts.

As for the above scripts, they are find as long as they lack +x perms.  Rather
than override the lintian message I would recommend actually following policy
and fixing the package.