Re: Debian packages for TeXlive?

Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:

> 1. If TeXlive includes enough of teTeX for all packages depending on
>    teTeX you could make the right (meta-?)packages of TeXlive provide the
>    tetex-* packages and replacing them with TeXlive would be no problem.

Not quite.  There are some versioned depends on tetex in the
archive... I can't remember which they are, but I remember giving up
on my fake tl6 package because of it.

>>     - not enough dependency information.

> Dependency information for what?

I suspect Sebastian is talking about LaTeX styles which require other
styles, perhaps.  TeXlive breaks things up considerably, and has tons
of "packages" containing specific style files.  I don't think there
is any dependency info on what they require.

God, I ask for patience -- and I want it right now!