A deb for hebrew-latex + collision with tetex-base?

1. I have put a deb for hebrew-latex at http://people.debian.org/~shaul/hebrew-
latex. /usr/share/doc/hebrew-latex/examples can be used for testing purposes.

2. hebrew-latex installation instructions require to append some lines to
/usr/share/texmf/fontname/special.map. This file is part of tetex-base.
How can I work around the possibility that tetex-base will erase the appended
lines when it is being upgraded? Is it possible to have tetex-base include the
 hebrew-latex lines in /usr/share/texmf/fontname/special.map by itself? Is
there a way to change hebrew.ins so that it will look for
/usr/share/texmf/fontname/hebrew.map?
--

	Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>

Hillel used to say: If I am not for myself who will be for me?
Yet, if I am for myself only, what am I? And if not now, when?
                                          (Ethics Of The Fathers 1:14)