Re: Priority of tetex-bin

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

> So how easy would it be to split tetex-bin into tetex-bin and
> tetex-bin-extra, with all the stuff depending on optional packages in
> tetex-bin-extra?

Probably pretty easy... all I can see which needs X are mfw, xdvi,
oxdvi.  Maybe some others, but tetex splits out binaries whenever
possible so you can live without X libs.

The only one I can think of that would be tricky is pdftex, because
that uses libtiff (which is optional).

I'd possibly suggest

* Moving libtiff to standard.  libpng is, why not libtiff?

* tetex-bin-x11

* If libtiff isn't standard, tetex-bin-pdftex, since one could
  definately want pdftex without X.

Oops, libjpeg is also in the list, and it's optional and _not_ in the
depend line!  Bug reporting....

He who has but four and spends five has no need for a wallet.