Re: author causes error with amsart

From: Denis Barbier <barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr>
Subject: Re: author causes error with amsart
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:21:28 +0200 (CET)

> > When one uses amsart.cls of amslatex 2.0 with
> > \author{Atsuhito Kohda \\ Tokushima University}
> > and \maketitle, the error occurs like
> >
> > ! Use of \@icentercr doesn't match its definition.
> > <argument> \def
>
> Should be
>   \author{Atsuhito Kohda \and Tokushima University}

Thanks for your advice and yes the "\\" causes the problem
but this produces the output like

       ATSUHITO KOHDA AND TOKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY

which is the same output of
\author{Atsuhito Kohda} \author{Tokushima University}.
(Just like the case of two authors)

But I wish one is the name of the author and the other
is the name of university or so, that is the desired output
should look like

        ATSUHITO KOHDA
     TOKUSHIMA UNIVERSITY

BTW old amslatex works fine and produces the desired output.

Regards,			2000.5.30

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>