broken package : tetex-base

Hi,

))======================================================================
)) I was puzzled now with a message after using jadetex, which said that
)) the file psfonts.map could not be opened.
))======================================================================

I could work around the tetex-base installation failure :

I installed the last package with dpkg -i, stopped the scrolling by
typing Ctrl-S, and in the meantime made a backup of the file
psfonts.map.dpkg-new which was present during this stop. The I resumed
the installation process, which destoyed this file. I restored it from
the backup, naming it psfonts.map and putting it at the right place.

so the font generation worked after jadetex then xdvi :
[...]
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /var/spool/texmf/ls-R unwritable.
mktexpk: /var/spool/texmf/pk/modeless/adobe/times/ptmr8r.600pk: successfully generated.

hope this can help,
--
Georges.