Re: mgltools-sff valid candidate

[assuming you're not subscribed so explicitly CCing]

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 22:11 +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> I don't know what to do about package mgltools-sff. All other
> mgltools-packages (for example mgltool-bhtree) migrated to testing. Only
> mgltools-sff is just a valid candidate but don't want to migrate.

fwiw, debian-testing's purpose isn't really discussions of testing
migration. As per http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/ - "Finding
problems with the next Debian release: testing the installation and the
upgrade process."

> The
> excuses at http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html#mgltools-sff
> are not really helpful.

Well, they tell you that britney will try migrating the package. (That
seems helpful to me, anyway.)

> The output at http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt says
> something about a problem with i386 but I can install the package without
> a problem!?

The log doesn't say there's a problem with installing mgltools-sff on
i386.

trying: mgltools-sff
skipped: mgltools-sff (11 <- 82)
    got: 14+0: i-14
    * i386: autodocktools, mgltools-cadd, mgltools-mglutil,
mgltools-molkit, mgltools-pmv, mgltools-pmv-test, mgltools-pyautodock,
mgltools-vision, mgltools-visionlibraries, raccoon

That says "migrating mgltools-sff would make the following list of
packages uninstallable on i386". In this case it appears that the
affected packages are all arch:all, which britney tests on i386.

The underlying problem is:

mgltools-sff | 1.5.6~rc3~cvs.20120206-1 |  testing/non-free | source, amd64, armel, armhf, i386, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, powerpc, s390, s390x, sparc
mgltools-sff | 1.5.7~rc1~cvs.20130519-1 | unstable/non-free | source, amd64

Is it expected that mgltools-sff now only exists on amd64, and that the
dependency chain (as shown in the britney output) is therefore now only
installable on amd64?

Regards,

Adam