Re: request that Mate be an install option when wheezy releases

2012-10-25 01:05, Bob Frazier skrev:
I'm simply requesting that the Mate desktop be an install option (as
opposed to gnome 3) when setting up debian, once wheezy releases.

http://mate-desktop.org/

I did a test install a month or two ago, worked fine. Didn't like the
gnome 3 much. Mate gave me back my familiar desktop, just like gnome 2
in squeeze (and earlier releases).

also if Mate is an dist-upgrade path from gnome 2, that would be nice.

After not finding a mate package in debian, and after looking at the relevant bug report (#658783), I see that mate is not available in debian. The freeze has already happened and it seems that mate missed the chance of getting included with wheezy.

Regards

Johan