Question regarding package mozilla-plugin-vlc

Is the vlc plugin not yet ready, or has it a bug?

My system is Debian squeeze, i386 distribution.

When calling an xhtml file with embedded mpeg, it plays but there are no control elements such as volume control, a bar for jumping forward and backward etc. at bottom of the video.

Or is my index.xhtml incorrect? Extract following:

<object width="720" height="480">
 <param name="movie" value="MyVideo.mpg"></param>
 <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>
 <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
 <param name="autoplay" value="true"></param>
 <embed src="MyVideo.mpg"
   type="video/mpeg"
   allowscriptaccess="always"
   allowfullscreen="true"