Re: [OT] suites (was Re: re evolution)

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:04:17PM +0100, Nikolay Kichukov wrote:
> thanks for the explaining.
>
> cite: "bugs in testing happen, but what more can you
> do than make them available in "unstable" beforehand?"
>
> So you are saying that there is nothing left to be
> done than check what bugs are left over in unstable
> before dist-upgrading a testing release?
Do you mean "to a testing release"?

If you are trying to run "testing", but are not willing to tolerate
major bugs, well, I'm not sure that is consistent..

But you could use BTS version tracking to query for *known* "rc" bugs
which apply to the version still in testing, or read the changelogs,
etc.

> i.e. When I am dist-upgrading testing, i believe that slight bugs
> may be available, but no major ones should be there.
Of course they "shouldn't", but they "shouldn't" exit in the first
place.  If someone had caught the bug before the package had moved to
testing, then there wouldn't be anything much to complain about.  But
well they didn't.

So install the sid version, which is supposed to be fixed, and help
test it.

Justin