Re: Dependencies issue: "libqt3c102-mt"

FYI, debian-testing is not a support list.

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:51:00PM +0200, Vegard L. Rekaa wrote:

> I installed Etch today, and so far I am very pleased. Some really good
> improvements since Sarge, wich I've been using the last 2 years.

> Either way, I just tried to install Skype, with the file:
> skype_1.2.0.18-1_i386.deb
> using "dpkg -i" and there are some dependencies hindering the installation:

> --------------------------dpkg -i
> skype_1.2.0.18-1_i386.deb-----------------------------------
> # dpkg -i skype_1.2.0.18-1_i386.deb
> Selecting previously deselected package skype.
> (Reading database ... 112252 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking skype (from .../skype_1.2.0.18-1_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of skype:
>  skype depends on libqt3c102-mt (>= 3:3.3.3.2); however:
>   Package libqt3c102-mt is not installed.

You will not be able to use this package with etch.  libqt3c102-mt is the
version of the Qt library for a now-obsolete C++ ABI.

> - Can I safely install this package by adding a Sarge-depository to my
> /etc/X11/sources.list -file? If so, which line should I add?
> - Is there another solution to this problem, i.e. overrunning a
> dependencie-issue and installing by force? Is this wise to do?

It is possible to install libqt3c102-mt from sarge, but it will conflict
with libqt3-mt from etch, so you won't be able to install any other Qt-using
packages (like KDE) while you have this Skype package installed.