Re: Stretched printing from Firefox/Mozilla

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 11:18:23AM +0200, Marcel Sebek wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 01:19:35PM -0400, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > I am running etch with a 2.6 kernel and cups for printing. As long as I
> > can remember it will not print a web page correctly. All other printing
> > from other programs comes out the correct size. However whenever I try
> > to print a web page from Mozilla or Firefox it comes out stretched
> > long-ways and I end up losing part of each page. This includes text and
> > graphics. Ideas? Letter is set up to be my default paper size.
> >

> You have probably wrong DPI setting in your xprint configuration. There
> is a bug in Debian xprint packages that your answer in debconf isn't
> reflected. Look at /etc/Xprint/C/print/attributes/printer if you have
> proper dpi set.
>
> Look at this bug report:

Thanks,

Just ran "dpkg-reconfigure xprint-common" and set the default to 360 and
voila, it prints perfectly :-) I was having to use my girlfriends XP box
to print web documents before.

Many more thanks,

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.