Re: Kernel 2.6.12-1-686

Look at this:
/lib/modules/2.6.11-1-686/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko

Your kernel is 2.6.12, right? 2.6.11-1-686 looks like your old release...
The psmouse is modular or is builtin with your 2.6.12 kernel?
Something is wrong, very worng and strange...

If you have the psmouse module in
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.ko

Edit your .config of 2.6.12 and modify the path to the correct location.