Re: Stretched printing from Firefox/Mozilla

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 01:45:10PM -0500, Jason Martens wrote:
> Jim Seymour wrote:
> >I am running etch with a 2.6 kernel and cups for printing. As long as I
> >can remember it will not print a web page correctly. All other printing
> >from other programs comes out the correct size. However whenever I try
> >to print a web page from Mozilla or Firefox it comes out stretched
> >long-ways and I end up losing part of each page. This includes text and
> >graphics. Ideas? Letter is set up to be my default paper size.
> >
> Hmmm, I am also running etch and I have no problems printing from
> firefox using cups.  I remember this happening a long time ago, but I
> can't remember why.  What version of cups/firefox are you running?  What
> printer are you printing to?  What is the ppd that you are using for
> that printer?  Is it the postscript driver?

Lets see.....
Firefox ver 1.0.4
Cups ver 1.1.23
Printer: Epson Stylus Color 740
Printer driver: Gimpprint 4.2.7 (seemed to provide the best quality)

Thanks,

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.