Re: D-I partitioner & experienced users (was Re: larry)

Thus spake Thierry Chatelet:

Amazing, how you can talk about two different world. The old staff did not even take into account USB plugs.... and you have trying to compare with the new D-I with RAID +++++ Most of us have a box about 2 to 3 years old. Kernel 2.4..... did not do the job. To jump a bit had to be done. Purist of Debian might be a bit confused, but as a new comer, and a 'seller' of Debian idea in my community, I can tell you that with the new install you got, every one able to install a complete Window system (ie: with Office, Nero, sound cards.....) can install a Debian system. Off course it will not be as clean as a 'hand made' install. But it will work, and one may expect people to slowly adjust their system. One still has to get his hands dirty to get it to work nicely ( sound, cdrom with music...) but nothing that one can not solve with the guidance avalable over the net.
Thierry
Jeremy S. Brand wrote:

Thus spake David Pastern: