D-I partitioner & experienced users (was Re: larry)

Thus spake David Pastern:

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 22:54 +1100, Michael Stone wrote:
On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 04:13:30PM +0100, David Schmitt wrote:
Yes and exactly that is the point why debian-installer rules, and the windows
installer sucks.

Yes and no. Take the new partitioner, for example. Yes, it lets you do
more than the old partitioner, but if you think it's intuitive you're
nuts. And not only is it not intuitive, it's different than anything
anyone's used to partition things in debian before. So while it's more
friendly for new users, it's like a martian to an experienced user who's
comfortable with fdisk.

Mike Stone

Hey, I wouldn't worry about experienced users so much. Is there anything stopping an experienced user from popping over to another console (ALT-F2) and using fdisk?

BTW, I like fdisk. I use it all the time. I also like the D-I partitioner. I use it all the time too. The D-I partitioner integrates raid+lvm+partitioning+filesystem selection into a nice tool, much more intuitive than having that quad of tasks happening as unrelated tasks.

Sincerely,
Jeremy

--
Jeremy S. Brand