Re: Configure apt for "stable"?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> > This is where we are now:
> >
> > stable -> woody, aka Debian 3.0
> > testing -> sarge
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> That is why I stopped myself from saying more.  testing !=> sarge, I
> don't think, because Sarge base is frozen, no?  So testing should have
> some newer stuff in it.

No, sarge and testing are currently the same thing, and they will be
until sarge becomes stable.

If you access ftp.debian.org (or any of its mirrors) by using the FTP
protocol and enter the "dists" directory, you will see clearly the
symlink "testing -> sarge".

The fact that the base packages of sarge are "frozen" just means they do
not propagate from unstable to testing automatically, but manually and
upon request, but this does not change the fact that sarge and testing
are currently the same thing.